Thursday, March 13, 2014

Samba-latta fun

I love my days off. Tuesday was Hubby's day off so in the afternoon I ran errands and headed out to my fav caffeinated watering hole to get my knit on. It was super busy but hey, you know they've got to have yummy stuff if they are packed at 4:30 when everyone is out of work. I was happy to sit and sniff in the aroma of brewing grounds, sweet treats, and savory sandwiches! And the guy in front of me. Omg, he smelled like HEAVEN! Anyway after a happy tete a tete with the counter girl I placed my order. The results:

Yes, that's a WHOLE french press of coffee and it was just $6.50! Plus I have no idea how to pronounce the type of coffee so it HAS to be good.

The only table available was a little corner one that required me to navigate around a table full of women in various stages of workout gear and a couple of fabulous men. I would have happily taken up residence at one of the little wicker chairs but I was expecting girlfriends to be stopping by for visiting! I hunkered down happily and cast on to start the mitts for xmas gifts for next year. I managed 2 rounds of k2 p2 before my darling friend Megan showed up. 
 
I learned something I should have known. I like to really focus on people I'm talking to, especially if its a very small group. I'm big on eye contact and listening. THAT means that not a lot of knitting done! 3 hours late, and the joining in of my friend Bookie and Megan's departure this is how much had been completed:

Bookie is a crocheter and she was going to show me how to conquer that evil hobby but we sat and gabbed instead!

I don't mind so much that I didn't accomplish a lot. In the 4.5 hours I was there I got about 7 rows total, but I felt like myself instead of full on mom and wife. Yay for mental health! Plus I was all sorts of jittery from drinking a whole french press of coffee o.O

I have been able to sit down and do a little work over the last few days and I've managed to make it past the first bit of knotting (after having to rip back 10 rows). I've come to the conclusion that I really do prefer charts over written out instructions and that sort of surprises me. It makes me feel like I've leveled up!

No comments:

Post a Comment